Chamber Options Mustang's highly configurable solutions start with a chamber
selection based on the number of sources.Up to 8 deposition positions can be configured with a range of
deposition sources and power configurations.
Mustang's systems can be configured to comprise either dedicated
single deposition techniques or alternatively by combining
deposition methodologies hybrid solutions with up to 8 different
deposition methodologies.Standard coating area of 24inch or 48inch height by 24-38inch
diameter with single rotation or multiple planetary rotation.
System Platform This highly configurable product group enables a wide range of
tribological process configurations and simplicity for upgrade or
retrofit for future applications.The base system incorporates all of the industrial design features
that has made Mustang Vacuum Systems successful across a number of
- Recipe driven industrial control platform with touch screen
industrial PC interface.
- Proven industrial system design for ergonomic maintenance and high
- High uptime solution utilizing tier 1 component suppliers with
- Single or dual door design with integrated tooling to maximize
- Double skinned, stainless steel, water jacketed chamber
- Quick removal shielding and planetary turntable design.
- 3-fold planetary rotation substrate turntable.
- Multiple shielded radiant elements for substrate heating with
thermocouple feedback to supply allowing temperature monitoring
& control upto maximum substrate temperature of 600°C.
- 2 x DC & AC linear glow discharge arrays for plasma
pre-treatment, ion assisted deposition or PACVD top-coat.
- Flexible single (1) to six (6) individually shuttered cathode
positions available for a variety of sputter, evaporation &
PACVD deposition sources including:
- Patented high power density (upto 30Wcm-2), unbalanced or balanced magnetrons for DC, Pulsed DC, AC, RF
& HIPIMS Sputter operation.
- Rectangular & circular 80-200A Steered Arc evaporation
- Hot Filament, pulsed DC, AC and RF PACVD.
- Thermal and electron-beam evaporation.
- DC, pulsed DC, AC or RF substrate bias voltage delivery for
tailored ion assisted growth.
- Standard rectangular cathode sizes of 6 x 30 inch & 6 x 54 inch
(others on request).
- PLC / Windows PC control with integrated color touch screen.Multiple user selected recipes available from the HMI, with nearly
infinite recipe storage on the host PC.Network/Modem accessible for remote real time” diagnostic runs or
- Multiple mass flow controllers (typically Ar, N2, CxHy, O2 &
spare) for working & reactive gas delivery and purge control.
- Desiccant venting as standard.